Monday, June 21, 2010

Superstitious?

Oh hi. Welcome to my brand new, cool blog! I guess I should start by telling you a bit about me. I'm Anna. I'm a Realtor with William Raveis Real Estate and I sell Fairfield County, CT. I love what I do and can't help to find the humor in my career. I guess a lot of it stems from the fact that I've done a bit of standup comedy. I've performed all over NYC, Fairfield County and Westchester. I used to love to do sets about being a Realtor. You just see funny things- but as time wore on and my daughter was born, I stepped back from the stage and began to write more. (Insert shameless plug here)- Feel free to check out my "Mommy blog" at www.modma.com- I write every Friday about life as a working Mommy and raising my little diva.

Anyway, I love what I do and I'm pretty good at it. I've been told I'm one of the best negotiators in the field (by my Mom... just kidding!) and I've worked pretty hard to climb the real estate ladder. I think my field is incredible because of the different scenarios and things I see daily and thought it was time to start writing about my experiences. I'd like to declare up front that I am fiercely loyal to my clients and nothing that happens is EVER their fault. I've actually been blessed to work with great people and lucky that they too, see the funny in their journeys.

You'll learn more about me as the weeks go by- but most importantly, never hesitate to contact me if you have a question about real estate- wondering how much your house is worth- if you can afford a new house... etc. I live for what I do and hope to be your Realtor one day too.

Anyway, I have this fabulous condo listing right now. It's priced well, shows well and is located in a very prestigious complex. The sellers are the sweetest, most down to earth people and they are excited to sell their home and move on to a bigger home for their growing family.

We finally received a strong offer and it looked like everything would come together quickly and without incident... until I received a call the next morning from the buyer's agent. Apparently, the buyer was withdrawing her offer because her Feng Shui Master did not approve of the homes energy. I was quiet when she first repeated this information to me. I mean, what was I supposed to say? First of all, I don't know much about Feng Shui and I certainly can't understand how someone can judge energy in a home without ever actually seeing it. Could this really be happening? These people have been happily married living in this beautiful condo for the past five years- They had their first baby boy here- They've watched him learn to crawl, walk, and now run in their back yard... bad energy? I'm just not so sure. But what am I supposed to do? Scream? Yell? Nope. Not my style. I thanked her for her time, wished her the best in her clients future search efforts, hung up the phone and swore in every language I know. I called my seller and shared the bad news. Of course, she was upset, but we both couldn't help but laugh hysterically. After we finished our conversation, I got up and walked around my house and noticed a few things. First, I have two small statues of the Virgin Mary looking out two different windows... to protect my family, obviously. I thought back to the religious clients I had who had buried a St. Christopher in their front yard so they could sell their house. I remembered growing up in a very Italian household that horseshoes over every single door leading to the outside. I guess we all have our superstitions.

Oh well, we'll get another great buyer. I'm sure of it. After all, I just sneaked over to their condo and painted the door red for good energy... Kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment